What We Do
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT: TAILORED SOLUTIONS
Investment Management is implemented as part of your overall plan and involves the management and/or oversight of all family assets on an ongoing basis.
At The Tarbox Group, we focus on the “big picture” decisions that maximize the likelihood investment returns will meet your goals.
We think the top three most important factors in designing a portfolio are:
- Strategic asset allocation: This is the most significant component affecting portfolio returns.
- Diversification: It is essential to diversify among asset classes, investment styles and holdings to reduce risk.
- Costs: Keeping expenses and taxes to a minimum has a tremendous effect on long-term returns.
To build your customized portfolio we use the following investment process:
- We start with a review of your current investments, tax situation, income needs, family dynamics, and short- and long-term goals.
- This provides a risk/reward profile that leads toward the selection of a targeted asset allocation.
- We work with you to establish an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) that sets the parameters and allocation among our four model portfolios: Stable Growth, Conservative Growth, Moderate Growth and Growth.
- We customize your portfolio based on your current holdings, preferences, tax situation, and other factors.
We use a variety of asset types to build portfolios, and we have a strong preference for liquidity where possible.
THE END RESULT
Our goal is not to beat a particular index – it’s to meet or exceed your specific required or targeted rate of return. We aim to provide you with greater peace of mind, while achieving the returns you need to meet your financial goals over the long term.
Contact us to receive a more detailed brochure on our investment process.
A Fiduciary Relationship
A fiduciary duty is the highest standard of care imposed by law. As fiduciaries, we must put our clients’ interests above our own, and we cannot have any conflicts of interest.
We work for our clients – not a brokerage firm, trust company, or bank – and as such, our only loyalty is to our clients. We are active advocates for our clients’ best interests in all matters.